Thursday, December 01, 2005

Cafepress

Is it just me or are the Cafepress help files a little basic? The size/format guidelines are well presented but I can't fine anything about colour. I've done very little print work but enough to know that the colours on my screen look different to the same colours printed. Do I need to prepare my images in CMYK rather than RGB to make the colours right?

It took me quite awhile to work out what their shipping costs to the UK were too. A pet peeve of mine - I don't want to go looking for shipping prices make the link obvious!

I did find out that 2000px x 2000px png format files would suit most things. I'll start of with that and adjust as I need.

Next question, basic or premium shop? I don't know yet exactly what products will be prefered by my customers - until then confining the choice to one type (basic store) seems a little too constraining. That 15 day free trial looks tempting. After that $6.95 (what's that? about £3.50?) isn't bad for a month. If I haven't sold anything after 6 weeks then I probably need to re-think anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home